Hello There Macintosh User!
If you are getting this email you have sometime been a client of mine — Thank you for your past custom! Mr Mac Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mrmacbyronbay
1. iPhone Tips: iPhone Secrets – Tips and Tricks comes in a free lite version and a 99 cent full version with even more help. They have a very nicely designed interface with all sorts of stuff that you probably didn’t know your iPhone could do.
2. Monty Python Apps: A couple of apps from the Python nutters, Python Bytes $2.99 and Month Python The Book of Days $5.49. Great fun.
3. Spotify Comes to Oz: At last the phenomenon that has taken the music world by storm, Spotify is here. Download for your Mac and your iPad. It is free streaming music – with ads – and paid without. Heaps of extra content as you listen. A new way to hear and discover music. http://www.spotify.com/au
4. iTunes Store Education: A new area for educators and students offering related apps to keep you learning and teaching. Go to the iTunes Store, then click App Store and select Education from the drop down menu on the right called Categories.
5. MenuMate: This little extension lets you access the various menus in any app without having to go up to the top of the screen – so far away! – bringing them right to your cursor. $4.99 from the App Store. http://alicedev.com/menumate
6. Memory Cleaner: From the same guys as MenuMate, Memory Cleaner from the App Store is $6.49 and frees up unused RAM which makes your Mac run better. Run it when the computer seems sluggish. But also add more RAM. It’s cheap right now… http://alicedev.com/memorycleaner
7. Security Camera: Another from the same team who seem to specialise in little useful little apps, this one takes a pic every time the computer wakes up and saves it into a folder so you know who was on your Mac! $5.49 from the App Store.
8. Spy Camera: Same as above, but this takes video and can send it automatically to a DropBox account so if your computer is stolen you can find it. $10.49 from the App Store.
9. TV Adaptor for iPad and iPhone: eyeTV Mobile just plugs into the port and as log as you are in an area with TV coverage you can watch it on your i-Device. A free app from the iTunes Store goes with the adaptor which costs $150. http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/products/tuner/EyeTV-Mobile.html
10. Window Magnet: One of those good ideas that is very cheap at 99c, Window Magnet lets you drag any window to the top or side of your screen and it will snap there. Also offers full screen windows and more just with a drag. Keeps your interface tidy and accessible.
11. Colored Folder Creator: As it’s name suggests this $6.99 app unleashes the creative in us all and turns those dreary monochrome folders into funky personal ones. From the App Store.
12. A Reminder of My Rates: I charge $88 per hour including GST. No call-out fee or travel charge in the Byron Shire. Half hour minimum. Telephone support costs the same in 15 minute increments. Email support is still free! Please include plenty of detail in your email inquiries. Serving the Byron Macintosh community for over 10 years.
Items for Sale is a free monthly service for my Mailing List. If you want to list something for sale send me the full description/specifications and contact details. Goes out around 14th of the month.
PS. Big congratulations to the mighty Chelsea Football Club who have won the Champion’s League for the first time! No other London club has ever done this, it is the biggest club competition in the world. I am a happy boy… Until next time, Thank you Tommi ;>)
Mr Macintosh Tom Hain http://www.mrmacintosh.com.au PO Box 1040 Byron Bay NSW 2481 6685 5504 041 840 8869