Mr Mac Update July 12
Hello There Macintosh User!
If you are getting this email you have sometime been a client of mine — Thank you for your past custom! Mr Mac Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mrmacbyronbay
1. Viruses, Malware and Macs: We are now a target. As Macs are part of the biggest company in the world it follows that we will be increasingly targeted by the nasty mob. Best way to avoid heartache is to download, install and run a virus checker regularly. It’s simple and free if you use Clam XAV. Details in how to do this on my page at: http://www.mrmacintosh.com.au/how-to-/48-bits-and-pieces-of-useful-information/91-chercking-for-viruses.html
2. Use AudioNote to Record and Make Notes Together: This is very clever: it lets you record something and then make notes about it as you listen. So if you are recording a lecture you can make notes which are time coded to the relevant part of the lecture. $5.49 from the iTunes App Store for i-Devices and the Mac App Store for computers.
3. AppTrap: For getting rid of all the associated preferences when you delete an app. Free. http://onnati.net/apptrap/
4. iPad Apps: Wonders of the Universe Amazing stars and all from Brian Cox of cosmic TV fame. $7.50 FrangoCamera Fractal filters for your pix. $2.99 HDR Darkroom Pro for making High Dynamic Range photos, those that look hyper-realistic. Sometimes having several shots of the same image helps, then this app combines them. Heaps of things it can do for $9.99 http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hdr-darkroom-pro/id449589414?mt=12
5. QuickBooks Online for Mac: For ages some people who don’t like MYOB have used QuickBooks, but it only runs on Windows so they used Parallels Desktop to run Windows on their Macs. Now QB has gone online via your browser and is Mac compatible for $435 per year. http://online.reckon.com.au/Products/QuickBooksHosted.aspx
6. 360 Aerial Panoramas: Breathtaking high res panoramas from AirPano. All sorts to look at here with more being added all the time. http://www.airpano.com/
7. The Laptop Screen Man: Amazingly cheap! He will pick up via courier, repair the screen and deliver back for a pittance, relatively speaking. How about under $300 for a 13” MacBook Pro?!! http://laptopscreenman.com.au/
8. Daypart Programs iTunes: This app lets you schedule and time playback of iTunes so you can control what playlists play when, for how long, whether they repeat etc. Good for you own use, but very useful for a shop or business that needs to play particular things at particular times. $20 http://dougscripts.com/itunes/itinfo/daypart.php
9. Control Your Mac Without a Mouse: Keymo the keyboard mouse app lets you dispense with a mouse if you don’t like them! It can be used 1000 times then costs $5 if you like it by the time the 1000 uses have run out. http://manytricks.com/keymo/
10. A Reminder of My Rates: I charge $88 per hour including GST. No call-out fee or travel charge in the Byron Shire. Half hour minimum. Telephone support costs the same in 15 minute increments. Email support is still free! Please include plenty of detail in your email inquiries. Serving the Byron Macintosh community for over 10 years.
Items for Sale is a free monthly service for my Mailing List. If you want to list something for sale send me the full description/specifications and contact details. Goes out around 14th of the month. Until next time, Thank you Tommi ;>)
Mr Macintosh Tom Hain http://www.mrmacintosh.com.au PO Box 1040 Byron Bay NSW 2481 6685 5504 041 840 8869