Hello There Macintosh User!
If you are getting this email you have sometime been a client of mine — Thank you for your past custom! Like the Mr Mac Facebook page for regular updates: https://www.facebook.com/mrmacbyronbay
I am now able to accept payment via VISA or MasterCard Credit Cards, with no surcharge
1. Heartbleed Bug; Change These Passwords: You should have heard by now about the Heartbleed bug that has affected many major websites and services, not banks, but many others. We all need to change the passwords to our accounts on the affected sites. This article tells which ones need changing. http://mashable.com/2014/04/09/heartbleed-bug-websites-affected/
2. FireChat Will Change Everything: The app is free but its what it does that is so revolutionary. It connects to any i-Device nearby whether you are online or not! This Wired article explains it well. http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2014/03/apple-multipeer-connectivity/
3. Handy Photo Free: There are hundreds of photo apps, but this one lets you take an object or person out of a photo or just move it within the photo and the app recreates the background automatically! Pretty cool for free. It does all the usual editing things as well. There is also a full version for $2. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/handy-photo-free/id843809758?mt=8 http://adva-soft.com/products/handy-photo/
4. Transcription With Express Scribe: Back in the old days everything was transcribed but it’s a dying art. This software lets you use the good old foot pedal to pause, rewind and continue listening to the sound file that you are transcribing. Need your own foot pedal of course… $40. http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/index.html
5. Getty Offers Free Digital Art: Now available for our perusal and download are heaps of art books, images and the like. http://www.getty.edu/publications/virtuallibrary/
6. Command-C: This is great for $4! Copy and paste between your Mac and other iOS devices, just Command+C and then Command+V and it pastes what is on your clipboard to any device on your WiFi network. http://danilo.to/command-c
7. Make Your Own Coiled Cord: Very nifty tip… http://www.tuaw.com/2014/04/16/how-to-create-your-own-coiled-iphone-charging-cord/
8. CheatSheet: Brilliant! Once you have installed CheatSheet you simply hold down the Command key in any application and a heap of keyboard shortcuts appear. Excellent and free. http://www.cheatsheetapp.com/CheatSheet/
9. Diagrammix: A sort of digital whiteboard for creating flow charts, mind mapping, externalising your ideas, create lessons etc with simple, built-in shapes and elements. Download and free trial then $20 if you like it. http://deepitpro.com/en/mac/products/Diagrammix/info/index.shtml
10. Items for Sale: Is a free service. If you want to list something for sale send me the full description/specifications and contact details.
iMac 24” 2009, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, $550 Dimitri 0417 250 278
MacMini 2.66 Intel Core 2 Duo; 4GBB RAM; 2x 500GB HDs, $550 Carl 0421 330 766
11. A Reminder of My Rates: I charge $110 per hour including GST. No call-out fee or travel charge in the Byron Shire. Half hour minimum. Telephone support costs the same in 15 minute increments. Email support is still free! Please include plenty of detail in your email inquiries. Serving the Byron Macintosh community for over 13 years. Until next time, Thank you Tommi ;>)