Hello There Macintosh User!
If you are getting this email you have sometime been a client of mine — Thank you for your past custom! Mr Macintosh Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mrmacbyronbay
1. Print from iPhone/iPad: Very handy little bit of software, Printopia 2 lets you send any file from your iOS device to your Mac’s printer or just to your Mac. A steal for $18. http://ecamm.com/mac/printopia/
2. Record Any Sound Source on your Mac with Piezo: An alternative to Audio Hijack Pro is Piezo, simpler, cheaper and easier to use. It lets you record any audio stream much like it’s more expensive sibling so you can grab Skype conversations, sound from a movie — anything you like! $10, try before you buy. http://www.rogueamoeba.com/piezo/
3. Edit Any Sound Source on your Mac with Fission: You can edit in a huge variety of applications like GarageBand but often these do too much! Simplicity rules and it needs to be usually quick and easy. Fission from the makers of Piezo and Audio Hijack Pro does most of what we need without any loss of quality for $40. Try before you buy. http://rogueamoeba.com/fission/
4. Play Video from Your Mac to Apple TV: Currently Apple only let you play video from iTunes to your Apple TV but that’s more to encourage you to buy stuff from the iTunes Store. What about other movies that you might have on the computer? Enter AirFlick, which lets you play almost any movie to Apple TV from your Mac.
5. Adding Storage to Your iPad: A very clever external hard drive with wireless access for iPads and iPhones is from Seagate, called the GoFlex Satellite it has 500GB of space and it’s wireless connection means up to 3 iPads can use it at once, all viewing different movies or data. So you and the family can take all the data you want with you and access it easily. $230 http://dicksmith.com.au/product/XM1285/seagate-goflex-satellite-500gb-wireless-hard-drive
6. Network Storage Hard Drive: Also from Seagate is a Network Accessible Hard Drive so any computer on your network can access and back up to it, rather like the Time Capsule from Apple (which is also a wireless router and more expensive). A good solution if you have several computers in the house or business that need to do automatic backup with Time Machine. $269 http://dicksmith.com.au/product/XM1286/seagate-goflex-home-2tb-network-storage-hard-drive
7. Streaming From Your Mac to Your iPad: VLC Streamer is from the brilliant VLC Player for Mac guys. It lets you view on your iOS device any movie or music that is on your Mac, rather than any that are in iTunes. They also have VLC Remote that acts as a remote control for the computer rather like Apple’s Remote does, but again, for any content rather than only from iTunes. They offer free ad-supported versions and cheap no-ads versions, in the iTunes Store.
8. iPad As a Recording Studio: There are now heaps of apps that turn the iPad into a regular multi-track recording studio. You can connect instruments via one of the in/out devices that plug into the bottom of the iPad, or buy Apple’s Camera Connection Kit that offers USB connectivity for the device for $35. Almost anything that needs a USB port will now work and the possibilities are endless. A full recording studio app costs abut $20 like the Meteor Multi Track Recorder. http://www.4pocketsaudio.com/product.php?p=8
9. eMaps: We all use Google Maps in a browser but this free app just makes it easier to use all the stuff that Google Maps offers and export the view you have as an image. It also has a webcam view which shows all the webcams in the area you are viewing so you can go to them easily. https://sites.google.com/site/emanuelet/emaps
10. A Reminder of My Rates: I charge $88 per hour including GST. No call-out fee or travel charge in the Byron Shire. Half hour minimum. Telephone support costs the same in 15 minute increments. Email support is still free! Please include plenty of detail in your email inquiries. Serving the Byron Macintosh community for over 10 years.
Items for Sale is a free monthly service for my Mailing List. If you want to list something for sale send me the full description/specifications and contact details. Goes out around 14th of the month. Until next time, Thank you Tommi ;>)
Mr Macintosh Tom Hain http://www.mrmacintosh.com.au PO Box 1040 Byron Bay NSW 2481 6685 5504 041 840 8869