Hello There Macintosh User! If you are getting this email you have sometime been a client of mine — Thank you for your past custom!
Like the Mr Mac Facebook page for regular updates: https://www.facebook.com/mrmacbyronbay
1. Macs As Intercom:
If you have several Macs on your home or office network you can use this simple software to talk between them. 6 user licence $10 or 16 user $30. http://www.pc-intercom.com
2. DropSend: If you need to send files that are too big for an email you can do it for free withDropSend. Register, upload the file and it sends an email to the recipient and they download the file that is too big for email. http://www.dropsend.com
3. Find Duplicate Files Easily: Finds duplicates and then asks you what you want to do with them. Pretty good looking free version with a paid upgrade with more features.EasyDuplicateFinder is worth checking out if you want to tidy up the mess of files. http://www.easyduplicatefinder.com
4. Adobe Photoshop Fix: Free from Adobe for iOS devices is a photo retouching app with the power of Photoshop, yes that’s free! From Adobe!. https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1033713849
5. El Capitan Mac OSX 10.11: Apple always gives their latest operating system away for free but is it a good idea to install it on your Mac? This depends on a few things because current operating systems assume either a recent Mac, i.e. 2 to 3 years old minimum, or plenty of RAM if it’s an older machine. We’re talking about at least of 8GB of RAM. It will run on less and on older machines but it slows everything down a bit as many people have found out when they installed the last one, Yosemite, and their computers slowed down a lot. That said it is very stable and a good system despite some initial glitches in the Mail program for a few people. http://www.macworld.com/article/2988074/os-x/apple-launches-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-heres-how-to-get-it.html
6. inbetweenbox Might Help Your Organising Attempts: Being organised in how you sort your Mac out is a constant issue for most people. This $10 app could be the answer. You have to set it up theninbetweenbox does the organising for you. http://www.squarebracketsoftware.com/inbetweenbox
7. If You Do Presentations On Your Mac: Although it’s called Highlighter it is actually an app for letting you locate the cursor with a big red circle! Works well, great when you find it difficult to locate your cursor on the screen. http://customsolutionsofmaryland.50megs.com/highlighter.htm
8. Dockmod Customises Your Dock: This little app let’s you change the appearance and functionality of the Dock, which let’s face it, we all use every day and it always looks the same! It is free for operating systems up to the latest, El Capitan which is $8 after a 3 day trial to see if you like it. https://www.spyresoft.com/dockmod
9. Screenshots On Steroids: If you need to take screenshots and are frustrated with the limitations of Apple’s standard way to do them then this app might help. SnapNDrag can send the screenshots direct to Mail, Facebook Twitter etc or put them into special folders. It has a free version and an extended-feature Pro version for $15. http://www.yellowmug.com/snapndrag
10. A Reminder of My rates I charge $110 per hour including GST. No call-out fee or travel charge in the Byron Shire. Half hour minimum. Telephone support costs the same in 15 minute increments Email support is still free! Please include plenty of detail in your email inquiries.
Serving the Byron Macintosh community for over 14 years. Until next time, Thank you Tommi ;>) 0418 408 869
Copyright © 2015 Mr Macintosh, All rights reserved. If you are getting this email you have sometime been a client of mine — Thank you for your past custom!