Mr Mac Update November 12
Hello There Macintosh User!
If you are getting this email you have sometime been a client of mine — Thank you for your past custom! Mr Mac Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mrmacbyronbay
1. Dragon Dictate 3: Now into version 3, Dragon Dictate is a very good software/microphone combination that lets you speak into your Mac and converts your speech to text. Also lets you control the computer by speaking. About $200 with a headset that is needed for accurate voice recognition. Only runs on 10.7 or 10.8. Earlier operating systems need version 2. http://allthingsd.com/20121009/a-dragon-that-takes-dictation-and-controls-a-mac-by-voice/?refcat=personaltechnology
2. FX Studio Pro: Getting rave reviews with 200 filters and effects with prices varying from $7.99 to $19.99 for the fullest version. http://fxphotostudioapp.com/
3. Dash Expander: Aiming to solve the problem that when you copy something it wipes out the previously copied data, Dash Expander lets you keep frequently used snippets of text for reuse. Free download to try and then $5.49 http://kapeli.com/dashexpander/
4. You: A little app for your Mac that is a multiple settings alarm clock, but also has weather, events scheduler and such like. Some people will love it, others not. $2.99 in the App Store. http://www.ilifetouch.com/You-iOS
5. Streaka: Amazing new video app using the iPad’s video capability to create viral social network videos of any event, private or business. This is going to take off… If you have an event or a business that could do with exposure look into it. http://www.streaka.com/ http://streaka.net/
6. MenuEverywhere: If you want to customise the menu bar — that top strip running across the screen that changes depending on what application is active and has the date on it — then this is for you. Free to download and try then $15. MenuEverywhere lets you change the menu bar to how you want it to be and increase the size of the menu bar font; it also adds a menu bar to the 2nd screen if you are running two screens instead of it only being on one. http://www.binarybakery.com/product.php?app=menueverywhere
7. Ringtone Maker: A freebie that lets you make ringtones for your iPhone from any music in iTunes. Of course you can do this in GarageBand on your computer but this is much simpler and done on your iPhone or iPad. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ringtone-maker-make-free-ringtones/id390929278?mt=8
8. Learn to Touch Type: At only $5, Type Fu is a good way to learn to touch type which is very helpful for all computing areas. Touch typing is something that women do better than men but we can still get good at it! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/type-fu/id509818877?mt=12
9. Make Collages From Your Images: There are heaps of these cheap just-do-one-thing apps in the App Store. This one, CollageIt Pro makes collages with heaps of different borders and styles for $5.50. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/collageit-pro/id484440176?mt=12
10. A Reminder of My Rates: I charge $88 per hour including GST. No call-out fee or travel charge in the Byron Shire. Half hour minimum. Telephone support costs the same in 15 minute increments. Email support is still free! Please include plenty of detail in your email inquiries. Serving the Byron Macintosh community for over 10 years.
Items for Sale is a free monthly service for my Mailing List. If you want to list something for sale send me the full description/specifications and contact details. Goes out around 14th of the month. Until next time, Thank you Tommi ;>)
Mr Macintosh Tom Hain http://www.mrmacintosh.com.au PO Box 1040 Byron Bay NSW 2481 6685 5504 041 840 8869