Mr Mac Update May/June 2018
Hello There Macintosh User! If you are getting this email you have sometime been a client of mine — Thank you for your past custom!
Like the Mr Mac Facebook page for regular updates: https://www.facebook.com/mrmacbyronbay
1. CONSOLIDATE YOUR STREAMING MUSIC SERVICES: Stamp is the app that does this. Move playlists between Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play and Amazon etc for free with the Basic version, or a once only payment of A$13 or $A20 for mobile devices as well. https://freeyourmusic.com
2. TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR IPHONE: Would you like to manage your i-Device without having to use iTunes? Many would. iMazing lets it happen. Transfer and save music, messages, files and data. A$50 for 1 computer, A$65 for 2, A$90 for 5. https://imazing.com
3. POWER MENU FOR FINDER: There are a few Finder extensions out there that let you do more with your file management, including moving and copying files, converting images and creating new documents, all from Finder. Power Menu for Finder is hugely customisable so you can make it do what you want quite easily for US$10. https://fiplab.com/apps/power-menu-for-mac
4. STICKIES ON STEROIDS: Thought Train is just that and it lives in the menu bar near the Date and Time. Keeps your notes accessible all the time — no need to open another app to see them. It has a ‘pay what you like’ model, free to download and then if you like it send them some money. https://www.thoughttrain.cc
5. A FRIENDLY LITTLE VIDEO STREAMING APP: Friendly Streaming is an app to consolidate all the various streaming channels like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu etc into one window. And it’s free! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/friendly-for-netflix/id553245401?mt=12
6. BE MY EYES: This is a free app that connects blind and partially sighted people with volunteers who help them solve tasks so they can lead more independent lives. Really good. https://www.bemyeyes.com
7. DRAG AND DROP ON YOUR IPHONE OR IPAD: AnyBuffer is an oddly named free app that lets you store almost anything and share it across your devices via iCloud. Drag and drop form anywhere on your iPhone! Pretty awesome. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/anybuffer/id1330815414?mt=8
8. A SHOP FOR ALL KINDS OF CABLES: Cable Chick is an online shop that sells any type of cable or adaptor you could need. An example is the second link which is a Lightning to HDMI connector so you can view your iPhone on your TV — and charge it at the same time! https://www.cablechick.com.au https://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/2m-apple-lightning-connector-to-hdmi-cable-with-device-charging.html
9. A FREE PASSWORD MANAGER: SafeInCloud does just that, manages your passwords and syncs then via the ubiquitous cloud to your Mac. They are of course encrypted and secure and if your iPhone has fingerprint entry it will use that too. https://www.safe-in-cloud.com/en/
10. A Reminder of My rates I charge $110 per hour including GST. No call-out fee or travel charge in the Byron Shire. Half hour minimum. Telephone support costs the same in 15 minute increments Email support is still free! Please include plenty of detail in your email inquiries.
Serving the Byron Macintosh community for over 17 years. Until next time, Thank you Tommi ;>) 0418 408 869