Mr Mac Update May 13
Hello There Macintosh User!
If you are getting this email you have sometime been a client of mine — Thank you for your past custom! Visit Mr Mac Facebook page for regular stories: https://www.facebook.com/mrmacbyronbay
Rate Increase Notice: After holding the same hourly rate for 5 years I am increasing to $110 inc GST per hour from 1st June. I am now able to accept payment via VISA or Mastercard Credit Cards thanks to an ANZ Bank iPhone app!
1. Wonderful Website 1: Every now and then you come across a corker like this! One could spend many hours here… http://htwins.net/scale2
2. Wonderful Website 2: This one has time-lapse images of the planet in all it’s glory and it’s deforestation and warming. http://world.time.com/timelapse/
3. Google Now Comes to iOS: Google’s attempt to be everything to everyone on your iPhone could be really good if you can take some time to set it up. If you use Gmail it is extra good because you’re halfway into the G-World already. http://www.google.com.au/landing/now/
4. Fascinating Crowd-Sourced Project: “Global crowd-sourced overview of archaeological sites on Google Maps, making archaeology accessible for everyone”. A fascinating example of user-input being an essential part of a project, this site begs you to spend some quality time checking it out. http://archeomaps.blogspot.nl
5. Reflector: Lets you send your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 (or later) to any Mac or PC wirelessly for $13 after a free trial to see if you like it. You can also record the feed. https://www.reflectorapp.com
6. Days: A clever freebie that encourages you to take pix on your iPhone and assembles them into a diary-like format so you can comment and post them to you favourite social media page. Fun. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/days-your-visual-photo-gif/id630768365?mt=8
7. PDF Pro: Although we all use PDF’s every day and know that they are an essential part of modern online life, they can be a hassle because they are difficult to edit. We have Preview and Acrobat Reader to view them but their editing options are limited. If you need to be able to annotate, search, bookmark or add notes in several formats like a sticky note then this app could go well on your Mac for $9.99. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-reader-pro/id591596797?mt=12
8. Magic Paint: This is for those amongst us with ankle biters who are reaching that age when they want computer time… it teaches the basics of maths while the kid has fun drawing and painting. For pre-school and kindy kids. $2.99. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magic-paint/id642364952?mt=12
9. Sky Guide: Point your iPhone or iPad at the sky and this 1 dollar app with show you the stars in the sky that you are pointing at! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sky-guide-view-stars-night/id576588894?mt=8
10. A Reminder of My Rates: I charge $110 per hour including GST. No call-out fee or travel charge in the Byron Shire. Half hour minimum. Telephone support costs the same in 15 minute increments. Email support is still free! Please include plenty of detail in your email inquiries. Serving the Byron Macintosh community for over 12 years. Until next time, Thank you Tommi ;>)
Mr Macintosh Tom Hain http://www.mrmacintosh.com.au PO Box 1040 Byron Bay NSW 2481 6685 5504 041 840 8869