Hello There Macintosh User! If you are getting this email you have sometime been a client of mine — Thank you for your past custom!
Like the Mr Mac Facebook page for regular updates: https://www.facebook.com/mrmacbyronbay
1. APPLE’S CLIPS IS A VIDEO CREATOR: Video editing just became easier with Clips, a free app for iOS devices. Get it from the App Store. http://www.macworld.com/article/3188103/ios/hands-on-with-apple-clips-how-to-use-the-ios-video-editing-app-and-why-youd-want-to.html
2. COMMUNICATION FOR NON-SPEAKERS: Tippy Talk is an app for people with a verbal disability that turns pictures into text which can then be sent to family members and care givers. http://www.tippy-talk.com
3. WHAT REMAINS OF EDITH FINCH: A masterclass in story telling is how this game is described. It is unlike the usual computer games using intense computer graphics and hackneyed story lines, this or more like exploring a story and characters via reading a book, except that it’s not like a book at all! For Macs, about $25. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/26/what-remains-of-edith-finch-review-giant-sparrow
4. A CHEAPER PHOTOSHOP ALTERNATIVE: Although Adobe Photoshop is the Graphics industry standard program, their pricing is out of range of ordinary home users, so plenty of cheaper alternatives have appeared. Picktorial is one with a free trial and then US$40 on special offer. No monthly rental as with Adobe products… https://www.picktorial.com
5. FACEBOOK LIVE VIDEO PRODUCTION: Facebook has rolled out it’s free Facebook Live video player, but not many people realise that it can be added to and tweaked a lot. Ecamm Live does just that for a free trial then US$30. Add text, GIFs and more too your videos. http://www.ecamm.com/mac/ecammlive/
6. REMOVE THE BACKGROUND FROM IMAGES: This app just removes the backgrounds from your picture. Actually of course, there are other features, but that’s what it mostly does. Super Photo Cut is only $15 and comes from a stable of reasonably priced apps that do a small amount of specific things rather than trying to do everything. http://www.effectmatrix.com/mac-appstore/free-remove-background-from-image-for-mac.htm
7. LASTPASS, PASSWORD PROTECTED STICKY NOTES: Many of us use Stickies for many things including storing our passwords. Not secure! Enter LastPass which is free (for now) and is password protected so you only have to remember one password. Works across your Mac, iPhone and iPad. https://www.lastpass.com
8. REALTIME SCREEN RECORDING: Another screen recorder is iShowU Instant which is a reasonable US$25 after a free trial and offers heaps of features like adding text, tweaking the audio and video. Extra things like compression can be bought in-app if required. https://shinywhitebox.com/ishowu-instant
9. FREE UP SPACE ON YOUR IPHONE: This article explains how to do just that, a huge problem for many people with smaller capacity iPhones. https://www.cnet.com/au/how-to/tricks-to-free-up-space-on-your-iphone/
10. A Reminder of My rates I charge $110 per hour including GST. No call-out fee or travel charge in the Byron Shire. Half hour minimum. Telephone support costs the same in 15 minute increments Email support is still free! Please include plenty of detail in your email inquiries.
Serving the Byron Macintosh community for over 14 years. Until next time, Thank you Tommi ;>) 0418 408 869