Hello There Macintosh User!
If you are getting this email you have sometime been a client of mine — Thank you for your past custom! Mr Mac Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mrmacbyronbay
1. Google Translate: Unreal free software from Google which lets you translate text between 63 languages, but the best part is you can type it some text and have it read aloud in 24 languages and even listen to your translations spoken aloud in 24 languages! So next trip overseas (depending on where you go ) you can speak what you want into your iPhone or iPad and have it spoken to the person that you are asking directions from. Wow.
2. SideFolders: This clever little app keeps access to your files and folder in a pop-out so you don’t have to go to the Finder to find them. Its a neat way to have better access than is currently offered as standard. $5.49 from the App Store for Mac. http://www.code529.com/sidefolders.html
3. AlienConverter: If you have had issues converting different files then this might be for you. It converts many files into more useable formats including may of those annoying camera formats that usually can’t be handled. Demo for free to try then $19.20 http://www.aliencrypt.com/AlienConverter.html
4. Acorn: For most people Adobe Photoshop is to expensive and too complicated. Enter Acorn which is a $50 alternative that does most of what Photoshop does. Worth a look… http://flyingmeat.com/acorn/
5. iMessage: Send texts to people’s phones from your computer for free and send texts from iPhone/iPad/iPod to other i-Devices as well. Still in beta (which means still testing) but it works well. Well worth downloading and using if you are on the computer a lot and want to send texts to people who you know are on an i-Device. Lion only of course. David Pogue has a blurb about it which explains a lot. http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/22/the-disruptive-power-of-imessage/ http://www.apple.com/au/macosx/mountain-lion/messages-beta/
6. Import Any Movie into iTunes: With this drag and drop software called iVI you can get any movie into iTunes so it is available for your i-Devices. This can be a hassle to do manually and we would like all our movies to be there if possible, but iTunes has format issues and only accepts MP4s while movies come in several other types. For $5 it has to be worth it. Via the App Store on your Mac. http://southpolesoftware.com/iVI/iVI.php
7. Liberate Your Text With TypeStyler: Costing $65 this app completely lets you go mad with text. You can alter the way they look quite easily making unique documents. Download from the App Store. http://www.typestyler.com/
8. Radiation Shield for iPhone: A local Mac user, Gabriel Liebovitz can order these, contact him directly on 0423 519 776. Cost is $60 including GST and shipping. They stop 85-95% of radiation and as we’re using our iPhones almost all the time now it makes a lot of sense… http://lifewave.com/matrix.asp
9. Free Audio Format Converter: Very handy if you have WMA (Windows Media) files that you want to convert to MP3 or MP4. Simple, free and easy. http://www.nch.com.au/switch/
10. A Reminder of My Rates: I charge $88 per hour including GST. No call-out fee or travel charge in the Byron Shire. Half hour minimum. Telephone support costs the same in 15 minute increments. Email support is still free! Please include plenty of detail in your email inquiries. Serving the Byron Macintosh community for over 10 years.
Items for Sale is a free monthly service for my Mailing List. If you want to list something for sale send me the full description/specifications and contact details. Goes out around 14th of the month. Until next time, Thank you Tommi ;>)
Mr Macintosh Tom Hain http://www.mrmacintosh.com.au PO Box 1040 Byron Bay NSW 2481 6685 5504 041 840 8869